48 hours in Lisbon
A modern and historic city with great weather and all for good value: it’s no wonder Lisbon is a popular tourist destination.
We have some tours that start in Lisbon and finish in Porto. However, that is difficult to visit everything in just one morning. If you book one extra night in Lisbon, this free e-book is for you! You have here 13 things to do and see in 48 hours in Lisbon. Here we present a selection of items from amongst all those you can do, which can’t be missed in the Portuguese capital. And, these suggestions are not included in our tours.
Discover this beautiful city, set across seven hills, from the older Bairro Alto and atmospheric winding streets of the Alfama to the beautiful Saint George Castle.
Experience the Best of Lisbon. You must ride the iconic Canary-yellow trams, listen to the traditional sound of Fado, and taste Belem’s famous custard tarts.
Private Tours from Lisbon
Take a private Lisbon tour with a local driver who is motivated to share the best of this European capital with you. You can choose your tour departure from Lisbon. Guaranteed Departure. It is perfect for Solo Travel in Portugal.
Lisbon, Sintra, Estoril, and Cascais
Only 30 min from Lisbon. Sintra is one of the most romantic cities in the World. Famous for it’s Royal Palaces and Castle, and considered Unesco World Heritage since 1995. By the way, don’t forget to visit the Pena Palace. Sintra’s most famous sight is the multi-colored façade of the Pena Palace, a notable example of Portuguese architecture in the Romantic period. After snapping your pictures, head into town to shop for everything from art, souvenirs, cork bags, local produce, and handmade ceramics.
After lunch, we will drive along the Atlantic coast. We can stop at the Guincho Beach (a surfer’s paradise), or Boca do Inferno (Hells mouth cliff). Finally, enjoy a walk along the bay at the charming town of Cascais. Our driver will continue along the coast to Lisbon, passing by Estoril and the casino.
On this full-day private tour, we will make a combination of walking and driving, and visit the best areas of Lisbon. We can start the trip in Belem, famous for the Belem Tower, the Discovery Monument, and the Jeronimo’s Monastery. Don’t forget to stop at Pastel de Belem, and taste the most famous custard tarts. The tour will go on to Lisbon downtown, and we will finish in front of your hotel.
Fatima, Obidos, and Nazare from Lisbon
This tour visits the revered sanctuary of Fatima. The medieval village of Obidos and the seaside resort of Nazare for a look at some spectacular sights.
You will meet your driver and set out from your hotel in Lisbon, a drive along the coast brings you to Fátima. You can visit the basilica and revered monuments that make up the famous Sanctuary of Our Lady.
Afterwards, pay a visit to the fishing village of Nazare before you stop for lunch by the sea.
In the afternoon, visit the famous village of Obidos. A peaceful community known for its well-preserved medieval streets, walls, and 14th-century keep.
Small-Group Tours in Portugal
These packages start in Lisbon and finish in Porto. Guaranteed Departure Date with two travelers.
7-Day in Portugal – The Best of Portugal
Start in Lisbon and end in Porto! With an in-depth cultural tour. You have a 7-day tour package taking you from Lisbon to Porto and the beautiful Douro Valley. It includes:
- Small-Group Tour. The groups are limited to 8 passengers.
- Six nights in a twin room.
- Breakfast is included every morning in all multi-day tour packages.
- Enjoy a private guided city tour of Portugal’s capital, Lisbon.
- Lisbon: tasting of the famous ‘pastéis de Belém’.
- Explore Porto and the Douro Valley with a private guide.
- Douro River cruise (1h approx.).
- Full day in the Douro Valley with lunch and Port Wine tasting.
- Fatima: Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of Apparitions.
- With a private guide, visit the coastal gems of Portugal, including Sintra.
- Private transfers during the tours.
- Guide during the tours.
Portugal Food Tours – From Lisbon to Porto
From typical dishes, unusual desserts, and tasty street eats, we’ll bring you on a deep culinary adventure to savor and representative of the best food and wines in Portugal. Plus, you’ll not only experience great dishes and drinks. Throughout the trip, you’ll see amazing sights and top attractions, as well!
- Small group size from just 02 to 10 travelers.
- Genuinely inclusive, no additional on tour costs.
- 12 Meals: 7 Buffet Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners, and 1 Food Tasting.
- Taste the authentic Portuguese custard tarts in Pastéis de Belém.
- Explore the striking monuments and Praça do Comércio in Lisbon.
- See the Monument to the Discoveries and Belem Tower in Lisbon.
- Explore with our local guide, the Pena Palace in Sintra.
- Visit a winery and tasting in Vinho Verde DOC wine country.
- Enjoy a Port Wine tasting at an acclaimed cellar in Porto.
- Guided Historical Porto Walking Tour, in the end, a food tasting (olive oil, bread, wine, chorizo, ham, and cheese).
- Hands-On Cooking in Portugal. Your culinary holiday features classes and tastings to show you the wonders of Portuguese cuisine. All the classes and tastings will inspire you to take these traditions home with you.
- Wine is included with all lunches and dinners in the program.
- Special Hands-on Cooking Classes, Bread Making Experience.
Price from 1699€ per person.
Minimum number: two travelers.
Travel Insurance: Despite is one of the safest ways to travel, accidents happen. Whether it’s a missed flight or route to your tour or sudden illness while in a foreign country, Travel Insurance is the way to protect yourself from unexpected expenses that arise from emergencies, it is by making sure you’re covered before you leave for your trip.