Walkthrough the old neighborhoods of Porto with a local guide. Check out all the nice landscapes, impressive monuments, and historical spots.
Douro Valley Wine Tour
Enjoy a Douro Valley Wine Tour
From the beautiful colorful buildings of Porto, you will lose yourself in the mesmerizing beauty of the vineyard-draped Douro Valley. Please continue to read about our day trip in the Douro and explore the terraced vineyards here.
Browse the panoramic route in the most beautiful landscapes of the Douro, Unesco World Heritage site. Come and discover the authenticity of the Douro people, its typical villages and delve into “the magic of the senses.”
The source of the Douro River is in Spain. This river has 200 km, and it empties into the Atlantic in Porto.
The most beautiful part is in the Douro Valley in Northern Portugal. The main wine hubs on the river are from Pinhão to Peso da Régua. The Douro is the region of Portugal’s most excellent wines, where you will find legendary names for wine lovers!
The Douro Region is one of the most alluring wine estates in the world. It is a hidden treasure!
Join us on our private guide tour by the Douro Wine Country!
- Enjoy a breathtaking view over the Douro and its vineyards.
- Learn more about Port Wine and wine production.
- Relax on the boat trip (approx. 1h) in the Douro River.
- Indulge in wine tasting and discover all its flavors.
- Explore the train station lovely decorated with beautiful tiles.
- Experience the best of Portuguese cuisine.
- Visit the top Port Wine Cellar.
Is this tour right for you?
- Level: Easy. This tour was built to adapt to a group with different walking experiences.
- Trip Type: Guided & Private Tour.
- Language: English.
- Douro Valley Private Tour. Minimum of 4 travelers for a Full-day tour.
- Transportation Information: van or car.
- Changes & Cancelations: Please read our Terms and Conditions.
- Recommended for: 50-plus, couples, family kids, and youth.
- Travel Styles: Cultural, Wine Tasting, Group, Full-Guided, and Sightseeing.
- Douro Valley Wine Tour From Porto or Braga.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation in Porto or Braga.
- Lunch in the Douro Valley (main dish, dessert, and beverage). It is not included in the lunches or dinners: whiskey or another cocktail.
- Wine tasting in the Douro Valley.
- Boat trip (approx. 1h) in the Douro River.
- Guide throughout the tour (English-speaking).
- Drinks and meals not specified
- Travel insurance
- Entrances other than mentioned
- Telephone and personal expenses
Meeting point: Your hotel in Porto or Braga.
You’ll start the day by discovering the Douro’s UNESCO panoramic routes. The scenery of stunning beauty will lead you to the region’s heart, where you will see witnessing the cliffs and hills.
It’s time, then, to lunch in a traditional restaurant and feels reinvigorated after a good meal and local wine (or other drinks, as an option). You will be taken to contemplate the Valley’s natural beauty through panoramic roads and with beautiful landscapes over the Douro River.
Then, we will visit a local producer to learn more about the wine producer’s techniques existent in the Douro Valley. And then, we will have a wine tasting.
Drop-off place: Your hotel in Porto or Braga.
- You should bring with you comfortable footwear (please don’t use slippers or high heel shoes), a camera, and a small bottle of water. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons, it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing.
- Please note that while we operate successful tours in this region in Portugal throughout the year, some changes may occur in our tours due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.
We know you are itching for travel as much as we are, and now you can plan worry-free your dream vacation dates. Skip the stressful planning, and let us do it for you! Travel like a local with our team of travel experts.
Free date changes or 100% refund up to 3 days before departure. You can now book a trip safely, knowing that you can amend your booking within our fully flexible terms if plans change.
For more frequently asked questions about weather, payment, cancellations, and refund policy. Please visit our FAQ page here.