Walkthrough the old neighborhoods of Porto with a local guide. Check out all the nice landscapes, impressive monuments, and historical spots.
- €99 €89.10
Enjoy a Douro Valley Wine Tour
From the beautiful colorful buildings of Porto, you will lose yourself in the mesmerizing beauty of the vineyard-draped Douro Valley. Please continue to read here our day trip in the Douro and explore the terraced vineyards.
Browse the panoramic route in the most beautiful landscapes of the Douro, Unesco World Heritage site. Come and discover the authenticity of the Douro people, its typical villages and delve into “the magic of the senses.”
The source of the Douro River is in Spain. This river has 200 km, and it empties into the Atlantic in Porto.
The most beautiful part is in the Douro Valley in Northern Portugal. The main wine hubs on the river are from Pinhão to Peso da Régua. The Douro is the region of Portugal’s most excellent wines, where you will find legendary names for wine lovers!
The Douro Region is one of the most alluring wine estates in the world. It is a hidden treasure!
Join us on our guide tour by the Douro Wine Country!
- Enjoy a breathtaking view over the Douro Valley and its vineyards.
- Learn more about Port Wine and wine production.
- Indulge in wine tasting and discover all its flavors.
- Explore the train station lovely decorated with beautiful tiles.
- Experience the best of Portuguese cuisine.
- Visit the top Port Wine Cellar.
Is this tour right for you?
- Level: Easy. This tour was built to adapt to a group with different walking experiences.
- The meeting point is at your accommodation in Porto, Braga, or Guimarães (pick-up and drop-off).
- For a private tour, please contact us. Attention: we don’t increase the price. We need to check our availability.
- Small-Group Tour. Minimum of 2 travelers for this Full-day tours.
- Douro Valley Wine Tour From Porto, Braga or Guimarães.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation in Porto, Braga, or Guimarães.
- Lunch in the Douro Valley.
- Wine tasting in the Douro Valley.
- Guide throughout the tour (English-speaking).
- Drinks and meals not specified
- Travel insurance
- Entrances other than mentioned
- Telephone and personal expenses
Meeting point: Your hotel in Porto, Braga, or Guimarães.
You’ll start the day by discovering the Douro’s UNESCO panoramic routes. The scenery of stunning beauty will lead you to the region’s heart, where you will see witnessing the cliffs and hills.
It’s time, then, to lunch in a traditional restaurant and feels reinvigorated after a good meal and local wine (or other drinks, as an option). You will be taken to contemplate the Valley’s natural beauty through panoramic roads and with beautiful landscapes over the Douro River.
Then, we will visit a local producer to learn more about the wine producer’s techniques existent in the Douro Valley. And then, we will have a wine tasting.
Drop-off place: Your hotel in Porto, Braga, or Guimarães.
- You should bring with you comfortable footwear (please don’t use slippers or high heel shoes), a camera, and a small bottle of water. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons, it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing.
- Please note that while we operate successful tours in this region in Portugal throughout the year, some changes may occur in our tours due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.
- If you are in Lisbon, book the speed train. Leaving 07h00 a.m. (Lisbon Santa Apolonia Train Station). Arrival 09h50 a.m. (Porto Campanhã Train Station). The local guide will meet you at Porto Campanhã Train Station. Return to Lisbon at 07h45 p.m. from Porto Campanhã Train Station.