From the colorful buildings of Porto to the mesmerizing beauty of the vineyard-draped Douro Valley, visit wineries in Portugal and taste wines. Book now!
Stroll through Porto on a walking tour
Located on the river mouth of the Douro, Porto has a long history! In Portuguese, the name of the city means the port. It is always spelled with a definite article “o Porto.” Thereby, its English name evolved from a misinterpretation of the oral pronunciation of Oporto.
Discover the older neighborhood in Porto with a local guide.
We will visit the city’s historical center, world heritage, and monuments of Porto during this Porto Walking Tour.
Elected Best European Destination 2014 by the European citizens, Porto is history, architecture, culture, gastronomy, trade, encounters, and discoveries.
This tour is a 3-hour guided introduction to the fantastic City of Porto and its top attractions.
Book now and get instant confirmation!
- Meet your local guide at the famous train station and learn about the lifestyle of Porto locals.
- Explore with your local guide São Bento train station, lovely decorated with beautiful tiles.
- Marvel at the fantastic views of the Luis I Bridge.
- Discover the places that inspired J.K. Rowling for the Harry Potter’s chronicles.
- See the Clerigo Tower and the Porto Cathedral.
- Descend the narrow streets and staircases of the Miragaia neighborhood. And finish at Ribeira Street in front of the Douro River.
- Enjoy the view to Vila Nova de Gaia, where we have the ancient Port wine cellars.
Do you want to visit a Port Wine Cellar?
Book a Port Wine Tasting (Post-tour extension). Everything you need to know about Porto Wine, from the vineyard to the glass, in a unique format that includes an interactive museum, guided tour, and a premium wine tasting.
You need to cross the Dom Luís I Bridge and take a wine tour into the Port wine Cellar in Vila Nova de Gaia. Increase your food and wine experience in Portugal, and book this post-tour extension Port Tours in Portugal.
Are you a foodie?
Book a tour extension. Taste delicious olive oil in Porto! Learn how to recognize the best olive oils and enter the luscious world of liquid gold.
Join us Food Tour in Porto, 100% Portuguese Food!
Please read our blog about the best restaurants in Porto.
Is this tour right for you?
- Level: Easy. We built this service to adapt to a group with different walking experiences.
- Trip Type: Guided.
- Language spoke: English.
- Small-Group Tour, minimum of 2 travelers for this half-day Porto Tour. Maximum of 10 travelers.
- For a private tour, please contact us. And discover this charming city with a local eager to show you the best of Porto. Attention: we don’t increase the price. We need to check our availability.
- Meeting Point: Saint Bento Train Station.
- End Point: Ribeira. Enjoy your afternoon at a traditional Portuguese restaurant and shop till you drop in Porto city center.
- Changes & Cancelations: Please read our Terms and Conditions.
- Recommended for: 50-plus, couples, family vacations, and youth.
- Travel Styles: Cultural, Historical, Walking Tour, Group, Full-Guided, and Sightseeing.
Guide throughout the tour (English-speaking).
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and meals not specified
- Tickets are not included
- Telephone and personal expenses
Meeting point: At São Bento Train Station at 10 a.m.
Porto might be famed for the Port wine that grows old in the cellars. But this city has plenty of historical and cultural sites to visit during your time there.
Come and join us. Let´s walk the streets, and we’ll show you Porto, from a local perspective in a fun and relaxed way, no rush.
On tour, we will visit some of the city’s essential points: Lello Bookstore, University of Porto, Clérigos Tower, Avenida dos Aliados, Sao Bento Train Station, Dom Luís Bridge, Ribeira, and many more! An experience you will not forget!
- Porto Walking Tour. Minimum number: 2 persons. Maximum number: 10 persons.
- You should bring with you comfortable footwear (please don’t use slippers or high heel shoes), a bottle of water, and a camera. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the colder seasons, it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing.
- Wine cellar visit and wine tasting not included. Museum or monument entrances not included.
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this city throughout the year, some changes may occur in our tours due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.