Portuguese Sangria Recipe
How to make Portuguese Sangria
Sangria is the best wine cocktail for a hot day. This recipe comes from chef Vasco, our hostess, during a Portugal Food Tours – cooking vacation. Our chef Vasco usually makes this drink for our travelers to quench their thirst!
In this photo, you can see Susan and Melissa (mother and daughter) drink authentic Portuguese white sangria.
Get the recipe and make yourself this fantastic wine cocktail at home! Cheers! Saúde!
What is Sangria?
Under EU regulations, only Portugal and Spain can label their product as Sangria. A similar drink is a punch.
It is a cocktail with chopped fruit, wine (red or white), spices, and other spirits.
Read more: Best Time to Visit Portugal.
When is Sangria served?
It is perfect for enjoying a nice hot summer day outside. You can make this drink for a picnic or summer party.
How to order Sangria in Portugal?
- Um copo de sangria – a glass of Sangria.
- Um jarro de sangria – a pitcher of Sangria.
Read more: Best Things to Eat in Portugal?
How is Sangria made?
Read here our easy recipe.
Portuguese White Sangria Ingredients:
Make yourself a pitcher of Sangria Portugal.
- 500 ml bottle of Portuguese White Wine (dry wine)
- 150 ml soda or sparkling water
- Two glasses of white Port wine (shot glass – or another wine brandy)
- Two glasses of any whisky (shot glass)
- Two oranges (sliced)
- One lemon (sliced)
- One apple (sliced)
- 2 cups of ice cubes
- One orange chopped (fresh fruit)
- One bunch of white grapes, cut in half without the pits
- One apple chopped
- 1 or 2 cinnamon stick
- Some sugar, to taste
- Mint leaves
- Add the ice, fruits, and sugar to the pitcher.
- Add the liquids to the pitcher.
- Mix it well with a spoon.
- Let it sit for at least 10 to 15 minutes to chill, and the sangria fully absorbs the fruits’ flavors.
- Serve very cold!
From the Recipe Archives
We don’t know about you, but we’re eating and drinking our way through the pandemic. Here are some recipes to keep you going!
- Portuguese CornBread
- Caldo Verde
- Portuguese Custard Tarts
- Portuguese Fish Stew
- Portuguese Piri-Piri Chicken
- Pears Port Wine Sauce Recipe
Check out our culinary vacations in Portugal.
Enjoy sangria, as well as local Portuguese wines, during your cooking classes at Portugal Food Tours.
Sign up to receive our newsletter, including travel tips, recipes, discounts, and information on our best tours in Portugal.
Find more photos, videos, and travel tips from Eco Trilha – Portugal Tours on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube.