Explore Braga, the oldest Portuguese city, on a walking tour with private transfer to the incredible Sanctuary of Bom Jesus and the church entrance.
- €39 €35.10
Amazing guided food tour in Braga
There is no better way to get to the heart of a city or its people than by taking a walking food tour. Join this food tour to spend a day getting to know Braga’s lesser-known food traditions and local institutions.
Braga is known as the city of bishops because of its strong religious roots. It was once the headquarters of the most important diocese in the Iberian Peninsula.
Nowadays, it is one of the wealthiest Portuguese cities with a solid base of local industries and a commercial center that rivals the two largest cities in Portugal, Lisbon, and Porto.
Braga is 54 minutes from Porto by train. That is the best public transport for this city tour in Braga. In Portugal, the train is clean, cheap, and ecological. The meeting point – Arco da Porta Nova – is 5 minutes walking from the train station. This building is one of the gates in the medieval wall.
This food tour is a 3-hour introduction to the fantastic City of Braga and its most original food. The tour will be followed by some delicious tasting of the most authentic dishes because we want you to get a real experience of Portuguese cuisine.
- Meet your local guide at Arco da Porta Nova and learn about the lifestyle of Braga locals.
- Explore the cultural sights of the town on foot, accompanied by a local guide.
- Enjoy a lovely glass of white wine close to the cathedral of Braga.
- Stroll through the public gardens and savor the best local cakes.
- Think globally, act locally. Join us Food Tour in Braga, 100% Portuguese Foods!
- Experience the best of Portuguese cuisine and wine tasting.
Is this tour right for you?
- Level: Easy. This tour was built to adapt to a group with different walking experiences.
- Small-Group Braga Food Tour. Minimum of 2 travelers and Maximum of 10 travelers.
- For a private tour, please contact us.
- Meeting Point: Arco da Porta Nova, which is one of the gates in the medieval wall.
- End Point: Arco da Porta Nova.
Meeting Point: Arco da Porta Nova in Braga (circular itinerary).
After meeting your guide, the walking tour in Braga begins with a tasting of Portuguese products. You will have the chance to meet local people. Explore the cultural sights of the city on foot, accompanied by an expert guide.
Follow the lead of the food-obsessed Braga inhabitants and spend an afternoon hopping between bars on this 3 hours food tour in Braga!
Wine and Tapas Tour Itinerary
Portuguese cheese, olive oil, bread, and Port wine.
Ham, sausages, and Portuguese wine.
Bifana (the Portuguese sandwich based on pork meat) with white wine – Vinho Verde (beer or soda).
Bolinhos de bacalhau (codfish cake), olives or lupines with white wine – Vinho Verde.
Tíbias (Portuguese éclairs with custard) and Fidalguinhos (cookies) with coffee or tea.
- Food Tasting in Braga (food trail, 5 different stops for tastings).
- Guide during all Braga Food Tour (English-speaking).
- Three Portuguese cheese, ham, sausages, olive oil, bread, and Port Wine.
- Bifana (the Portuguese sandwich based on pork meat) with White Wine – Vinho Verde (beer or soda).
- Bolinhos de bacalhau (codfish cake), olives, and lupines with White Wine – Vinho Verde.
- Tíbias (Portuguese éclairs with custard) and Fidalguinhos (cookies) with coffee or tea.
- Travel insurance.
- Entrances other than mentioned.
- Telephone and personal expenses.
- You should bring with you a camera, comfortable footwear (please don’t use slippers or high heel shoes), and a small bottle of water. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons, it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing.
- Please note that while we operate a successful tour in this city throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.
- We can’t accommodate any food restrictions.
- Our tours are not suitable for vegans or vegetarians.