Portugal is a perfect walking tour country with spectacular views. The valley of the Rio Douro is astonishing in its tranquillity and its vibrant colors. Walk with us!
- Person All Ages
Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela from Porto
Walk the ancient pilgrim route of the Portuguese Camino de Santiago. Set out on a journey of exploration and personal discovery as you follow in the footsteps of countless pilgrims and walkers. Our tour includes the best of both worlds– follow a self-guided experience on the challenging but rewarding path to the Cathedral of Santiago while enjoying 4-star hotels and luggage transfers to help you stay comfortable. Our Roadbook contains all the tips and information you need to follow the Camino easily.
What is the Camino de Santiago?
Camino de Santiago means “The Way of Saint James.” It is the pilgrimage to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia (Spain). According to legend, this cathedral contains the remains of Jesus’s apostle Saint James, the Elder. The Camino has existed as a Christian pilgrimage for well over 1,000 years. Throughout the medieval period, it was one of the three most important Christian pilgrimages undertaken.
The starting point is your hotel in Porto – Portugal.
How many miles is the Camino de Santiago from Porto, Portugal?
Our tour package has 138 miles (222 kilometers). That includes Camino Certificate. It is a Camino Pilgrim Passport to get stamped along the way, documenting your progress.
Compostelum is the original religious certificate written in Latin, expended by the Church when pilgrims prove they have either walked 63 miles (100 km is the minimum distance) to Santiago de Compostela.
Camino Santiago to Finisterre
Please contact us to add this extra private transfer before returning to Porto, Portugal.
What to pack for Camino de Santiago
Please download here our e-book.
Is this trip right for you?
- Trip Type: Self-Guided.
- Language spoke: English.
- Meeting & Pick-up: 1º day at Oporto Airport.
- End Point: Oporto Airport.
- Camino luggage transfer Portugal is included in the price.
- Changes & Cancelations: Please read our Terms and Conditions.
- Recommended for: 50-plus, solo female, couples, and youth.
- Travel Styles: Camino de Santiago Hike, pilgrimage walk, pilgrim trail Portugal.
- Private transfer from Oporto Airport to hotel in Porto.
- Private transfer from hotel in Porto to Oporto Airport.
- Standard accommodation (private room & private bathroom is guaranteed) and breakfasts.
- Luggage transfer from town to town (one piece with 15 kg).
- Pilgrim’s Credential
- Roadbook of the Portuguese Way of Santiago.
- 24/hour phone support during the tours: Self-guided Camino de Santiago.
- Private transfer from Santiago de Compostela (Spain) to Porto (Portugal).
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and meals not specified
- Entrances other than mentioned
- Tourist tax
- Telephone and personal expenses
Arrive at any time. An arrival transfer is included from the airport to the hotel. One person will meet you at the hotel’s lobby, and he will give you the Roadbook about the “Self-guided Camino de Santiago.” Lunch and dinner are not included. Overnight in Porto.
PORTO – VILAR DO PINHEIRO
Transfer: Porto – Vilar do Pinheiro. Stage 1 – Vilar do Pinheiro – Arcos (Vila do Conde) – 17 km.
ARCOS (VILA DO CONDE) – BARCELOS
Stage 2 – Arcos (Vila do Conde) – Barcelos – 20 km.
BARCELOS – PONTE DE LIMA
Stage 3 – Barcelos – Ponte de Lima – 33 km.
PONTE DE LIMA – COSSOURADO
Stage 4 – Ponte de Lima – Cossourado (Paredes de Coura) – 22 km.
COSSOURADO – TUI
Stage 5 – Cossourado – Tui – 16 km.
TUI – REDONDELA
Stage 6 – Tui – Redondela – 31 km.
REDONDELA – PONTEVEDRA
Stage 7 – Redondela – Pontevedra – 20 km.
PONTEVEDRA – CALDAS DE REIS
Stage 8 – Pontevedra – Caldas de Reis – 22 km.
CALDAS DE REIS – PADRON
Stage 9 – Caldas de Reis – Padron – 18 km.
PADRON – SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA
Stage 10 – Padron – Santiago de Compostela – 23 km.
TRANSFER SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA TO PORTO
Stage 11– Private transfer Santiago de Compostela to Porto.
Transfer to the airport. End of the “Self-guided Camino de Santiago.” There are no activities planned for this day. Lunch and dinner are not included.
- Room twin standard: it has two single beds. For an upgrade, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Take attention: that while we operate successful tours in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our tours due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.
- Flights are not included. The passengers will fly into and out of Oporto Airport (OPO).
- You should bring comfortable footwear, a camera, and a small bottle of water. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons, it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing.
- We recommend that you book at least one month in advance.