Portugal is a perfect walking tour country with spectacular views. The valley of the Rio Douro is astonishing in its tranquillity and its vibrant colors. Walk with us!
Camino de Santiago Routes
- Twin Room Price per person (2 person per room)
Pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela from Porto
Walk the ancient pilgrim route of the Portuguese Camino de Santiago. Set out on a journey of exploration and personal discovery as you follow in the footsteps of countless pilgrims and walkers. Our tour includes the best of both worlds – follow a self-guided experience on the challenging but rewarding path to the Cathedral of Santiago while enjoying hotels and luggage transfers to help you stay comfortable. Our Roadbook contains all the tips and information you need to follow the Camino easily.
What is the Camino de Santiago?
Camino de Santiago means in English “The Way of Saint James.” It is the pilgrimage to the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela in Galicia (Spain). According to the legend, this cathedral has the remains of Jesus’s apostle Saint James, the Elder. The Camino has existed as a Christian pilgrimage for well over 1,000 years.
How far do you walk on the Camino to get the certificate?
The pilgrim’s credential is the sort of passport that must be stamped on each stage of the route. It would be best if you stamped at least twice daily. Pilgrims must have traveled at least 100 km | 62 miles by foot or biked at least 200 km | 124 miles.
Camino Santiago to Finisterre
Please get in touch with us to add this extra private transfer before returning to Porto, Portugal.
What to pack for Camino de Santiago
Please download our e-book here.
Is this trip right for you?
- Trip Type: Self-Guided.
- Language: English.
- Meeting & Pick-up: 1º day at Oporto Airport.
- End Point: Santiago de Compostela.
- Camino luggage transfer Portugal is included in the price.
- Changes & Cancelations: Please read our Terms and Conditions.
- It is recommended for 50-plus, solo females, couples, and youth.
- Travel Styles: Camino de Santiago Hike, pilgrimage walk, pilgrim trail Portugal.
Minimum of 1 person to book.
- Private Transfer from Oporto Airport to Hotel in Porto.
- Eleven nights in a twin room (private room & private bathroom are guaranteed).
- Breakfast is included every morning in all multi-day tour packages.
- Luggage transfer between accommodations (1 bag per person maximum 15 kg/bag).
- Private transfer from Porto to Viana do Castelo on day 2.
- Roadbook of the Portuguese Way of Santiago with tips, maps, and detailed information about the way (in English).
- Pilgrim Kit: pilgrim passport (credential) and shell.
- In-person welcome briefing in Porto.
- Twenty-four hours of phone support during the tours: Self-guided Camino de Santiago.
- Travel Insurance
- Personal equipment
- Drinks and meals not specified
- Entrances other than those mentioned
- City tax
- Extra bag for daily transfer (13 stages | 15 kg)
- Private Transfer from Santiago de Compostela (Spain) to Oporto Airport (Portugal) on day 12
- Telephone and personal expenses
Welcome to Porto! Arrive at any time, and a transfer will be waiting to whisk you away to the hotel. No activities are planned for this day, so feel free to explore some of the city at your doorstep. Check-in at the hotel from 2 pm. onwards.
Accommodation: 3 stars hotel. Overnight in Porto.
Private transfer from Porto – Viana do Castelo
Walk from Viana do Castelo to Vila Praia de Âncora (19 km | 11.8 miles)
Accommodation: 4 stars hotel. Overnight in Vila Praia de Âncora.
Vila Praia de Âncora – A Guarda
Walk from Vila Praia de Âncora to A Guarda (15 km | 9.3 miles).
Accommodation: 2 stars hotel. Overnight in A Guarda.
A Guarda – Oia
Walk from A Guarda to Oia (13 km | 8.1 miles)
Accommodation: 2 stars hotel. Overnight in Oia.
Oia – Baiona
Walk from Oia to Baiona (17.5 km | 10.9 miles)
Accommodation: 2 or 3 stars hotel. Overnight in Baiona.
Baiona – Vigo
Walk from Baiona to Vigo (25 km | 15.5 miles)
Accommodation: 3 stars hotel. Overnight in Vigo.
Vigo – Arcade
Walk from Vigo to Arcade (22 km | 13.5 miles)
Accommodation: 2 stars hotel. Overnight in Arcade.
Arcade – Pontevedra
Walk from Arcade to Pontevedra (13 km | 8 miles)
Accommodation: 3 stars hotel. Overnight in Pontevedra.
Pontevedra – Caldas de Reis
Walk from Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis (22 km | 13.6 miles)
Accommodation: 2 stars hotel. Overnight in Caldas de Reis.
Caldas de Reis – Padron
Walk from Caldas de Reis to Padron (19 km | 11.5 miles)
Accommodation: 3 stars hotel. Overnight in Padron.
Padron – Santiago de Compostela
Walk from Padron to Santiago de Compostela (25 km | 15.5 miles)
Accommodation: 3 stars hotel. Overnight in Santiago de Compostela.
End of our services
Our time of discovery will have come to an end. Check-out at the hotel by 11 am.
Suggestion: Interested in exploring more of Finisterre? Contact us for a tour extension!
- Room twin standard: it has two single beds. For an upgrade, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Take attention: that while we operate successful tours in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our tours due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.
- Flights are not included. The passengers will fly into and out of Oporto Airport (OPO).
- You should bring comfortable footwear, a camera, and a small bottle of water. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons, it’s important to wear an extra layer of clothing.
- We recommend that you book at least one month in advance.