Portugal is a perfect walking tour country with spectacular views. The valley of the Rio Douro is astonishing in its tranquillity and its vibrant colors. Walk with us!
- €139 €125.10
Visit the Douro Valley for a hike and wine tasting.
The Douro Valley is authentic Portuguese jewelry. Nature works together with the man — creating the perfect combination to give life to the Douro Region, mostly rural concentrated in the wine industry.
Maravilhoso! It means wonderful in Portuguese. And it’s the best way to describe what you’ll see as you hike through the Douro Valley. Breathtaking natural beauty.
The region carried to the four corners of the world for the success of the wines produced here. More specifically, the remarkable Port Wine! This title was given unanimously, rewarding the oldest demarcated wine region in the world.
It was bounded by “Marquês de Pombal” in 1756. The unique area due to its schist soil virtues and its privileged sun exposure. This region has a distinguished local clime, together with the hard work of the Douro people. Everything together created a unique wine estate!
If you only have one day to spend in the Douro River Valley, enjoy its highlights. It includes a picturesque village walking tour and wine tasting.
Believe me! This tour is worthwhile, don’t miss this opportunity. I’m sure you won’t regret it!
- Admire the spectacular view over the Douro Valley.
- Explore the small village and walk through the terraced vineyards and olive groves.
- Experience the best Portuguese cuisine at lunchtime.
- Visit the top Port Wine Cellar and learn more about this superb Douro wine.
Do you want a Private Day Hike in the Douro Valley?
For a private Douro Valley Hike from Porto or Braga, please contact us. The tour is including lunch and wine tasting. Attention: we don’t increase the price. We need to check our availability.
Is this tour right for you?
- Level: all our tours are built to adapt to a group with different hiking experiences, having shorter and longer options.
- Trip Type: Guided.
- Language spoke: English.
- Small-Group Day Hike in the Douro Valley. Minimum of 2 travelers. Maximum of 6 persons.
- The meeting point is at your accommodation in Braga or Porto. If you are in Lisbon, book the speed train. We will pick you up at Porto Campanhã Train Station. Contact us for more details.
- End Point is at your accommodation in Porto or Braga.
- Transportation Information: van or car.
- Recommended for: 50-plus, couples, family vacations, and youth.
- Travel Styles: Hiking Tour, Full-day Tour, Wine Tasting, Group Tour, Full-Guided, and Sightseeing.
- Pick-up and drop-off at the accommodation in Braga or Porto
- Lunch in the Douro Valley
- Local Guide (English-speaking)
- Gift: refillable water bottle and one hat per person
- Port Wine tasting in the Douro Valley (Standard three great wines)
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and meals not specified
- Entrances other than mentioned
- Telephone and personal expenses
- Meeting point in your hotel in Porto or Braga at 09h00 AM.
- 1h30 by car from your hotel to the Douro Valley.
- The driver will stop the car in Pinhão, where is our Hike in the Douro Valley Vineyards. That is included a hat and a bottle of water. Level: Easy. We have one house in the middle of the trail. The house has a restroom and one living room.
During the walk, you can enjoy the peace of the Douro as well as a magnificent view of this world-famous UNESCO World Heritage Valley, while learning about the terroir of the Douro and its soil, landscape, climate, and its unique grape varieties. You will walk along the vineyards, olive, orange, and fig trees.
+/-01h00 p.m. Lunchtime.
- We will visit the Pinhão Train Station. It is the most beautiful building in the region. Pinhão Train Station is famous for its tiles.
- The last stop will be a winery and taste the delicious Port Wine (Which includes a standard three wines).
- We will finish the tour at the train station or your hotel – 06h00 PM.
- Duration: 1 day.
- You should bring with you hiking boots or tennis shoes. When it’s hot out, we recommend an application of sunscreen on exposed parts of the body and a pair of sunglasses. During the cooler seasons, it’s important to wear and an extra layer of clothing.
- Please note that while we operate successful trips in this region throughout the year, some changes may occur in our itineraries due to inclement weather and common seasonal changes to timetables and transport routes.
- If you are in Lisbon, book the speed train. Leaving 07h00 a.m. (Lisbon Santa Apolonia Train Station). Arrival 09h50 a.m. (Porto Campanhã Train Station). The local guide will meet you at Porto Campanhã Train Station. Return to Lisbon at 07h45 p.m. from Porto Campanhã Train Station.