The Douro Valley Hike is authentic Portuguese jewelry, in which Nature works together with the man. Creating the perfect combination to give life to the Douro region, essentially rural concentrated in the wine industry.
The region carried to the four corners of the world for the success of the wines produced here, more specifically the remarkable Port Wine. This title was given unanimously, rewarding the oldest demarcated wine region in the world, bounded by “Marquês de Pombal” in 1756. Unique region due to its schist soil virtues and its privileged sun exposure with a distinguished local clime together with the hard work of Douro people.
If you only have one day to spend in the Douro Valley, enjoy its highlights. It includes a picturesque village walking tour, winery tour, and tastings.
Believe me, this tour is worthwhile don’t miss this opportunity I’m sure you won’t regret it!
Meeting point: Hotel in Braga or Porto.
– Meeting point: Your hotel in Braga or Porto 09h00 AM.
– +/- 1h30 by car from your hotel to the Douro Valley.
– The driver will stop the car in Pinhão, where is our Hike in the Douro Valley Vineyards. That is included a hat and a bottle of water. Level: Easy. We have one house in the middle of the trail. The house has a restroom and one living room.
During the walk, you can enjoy the peace and quiet of the Douro as well as magnificent view of this world-famous UNESCO World Heritage Valley, whilst learning about the terroir of the Douro and its soil, landscape, climate, and its unique grape varieties. You will walk along the vineyards, olive, orange and fig trees.
+/-01h00 p.m. Lunchtime. Traditional Portuguese restaurant, you can taste these dishes: alheira (this sausage saved Jews’ lives in Inquisition-era Portugal. Informants were everywhere and reported an overheard Hebrew prayer or an absence of hanging sausages. The residents of Mirandela invented a clever way to allow Jews to maintain a kosher diet while also appearing to eat pork. Enter alheira, a poultry-and-bread-based sausage that looked just like the pork variety. Jews were able to display and eat alheira, which sometimes featured game like veal or venison, without compromising their beliefs. The sneaky sausage likely saved hundreds of lives. Today, this sausage also comes in non-kosher varieties), lamb, cutlet, etc.
– Pinhão Train Station: It is time to visit the most beautiful building in the region – Pinhão Train Station: it is famous for its tiles.
– The last stop will be a wine estate and taste the famous Port wine (Standard three great wines).
– We will finish the tour at your hotel in Braga or Porto – 06h00 PM.
– Duration: 1 day.
Tel: +351 92 777 18 15
Tel: +351 253 687 220
Morada: Braga – Portugal
Alvará IMTT n.º: 115369