The Douro Valley Hike is authentic Portuguese jewelry, in which Nature works together with the man. Creating the perfect combination to give life to the Douro region, essentially rural concentrated in the wine industry.
The region carried to the four corners of the world for the success of the wines produced here, more specifically the remarkable Port Wine. This title was given unanimously, rewarding the oldest demarcated wine region in the World, bounded by “Marquês de Pombal” in 1756. Unique region due to its schist soil virtues and its privileged sun exposure with a distinguished local clime together with the hard work of Douro people.
Believe me, this tour is worthwhile don’t miss this opportunity I’m sure you won’t regret it!
Meeting point: Hotel in Porto.
– Meeting point: Your hotel in Porto 09h00 AM.
– 1h30 by car from Porto to the Douro Valley
– The driver will stop the car in Samodães. We will walk 5 miles descent until the Douro River. The difficulty is Easy / Moderate. You will walk along the vineyards, olive and fig trees.
+/-13h00 The driver will meet the group at the end of the hike. And, we will go to Régua town where we will have lunch. After lunch, it is time to go along some of the most beautiful paths of the region until Pinhão, where we will visit the train station, famous for its tiles.
– The last stop will be a wine estate and taste the famous Port wine (Standard two great wines).
– We will finish the tour at your hotel in Porto – 06h00 PM.
– Duration: 1 day.
Tel: +351 92 777 18 15
Tel: +351 253 687 220
Morada: Braga – Portugal
Alvará IMTT n.º: 115369