Holidays in Douro Valley – Portugal
Portugal has a fantastic wine that is a great value for money, wonderful food, and friendly people. That is a wonderful country for the wine lover. Are you planning Holidays in the Douro Valley?
Where is the Douro Valley?
That is located in the northeastern of the country.
The region is sheltered from Atlantic winds by the Marão and Montemuro mountains and has a Mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summers and cold winters.
What to do during your holidays in Douro Valley?
- Guided hiking in the Douro Valley.
- Private lunch with a local chef in one winery.
- Douro River Cruise.
- Tour Vineyards with a Port Wine Tasting.
- Tailor-made Tour in the Douro Valley (private transfer van or car with a local guide)
- Private lunch with Portuguese chef. With the Douro river insight, it is the perfect time to enjoy a nice wine lunch with several menus suggested by the chef and inspired by typical Douro dishes. The wine tasting will take place during the meal, where the pairing will be explained. Ideal if you want to surprise a loved one, or enjoy the experience with friends and family.
Check here our holidays in Douro Valley:
Walking Holidays in the Douro Valley
Hike in Douro valley accompanied by a local guide who will introduce you to the culture and ways of life of the region. Delight yourself with wine pleasures in a country of endless vineyards!
The Douro Valley is authentic Portuguese jewelry, in which Nature works together with the man. Believe me, this tour is worthwhile don’t miss this opportunity I’m sure you won’t regret it!
An excellent way to know the magnificent scenery of the Douro River and UNESCO World Heritage-listed landscape.
Difficulty: Easy / Moderate. Distance (hike): 5 miles. Duration: 1 day.
Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel in Porto.
Private tour Douro Valley from Porto
A unique private tour in the Douro Valley wine region with a local wine expert to discover the best winemakers, beautiful landscapes and taste traditional flavors.
- Private tour in the Douro Valley with a local guide;
- Pick-up and drop-off at the accommodation in Porto;
- Lunch in the Douro Valley;
- Wine tasting in the Douro Valley.
Walking in Portugal
- Small group tours in Portugal. Personalize service! Maximum group size of 6 travelers.
- Guide tours: an experienced local English-speaking guide will travel with the group, leading the way and sharing his/her knowledge of the local culture.
- Full Day in the Douro Valley (guided hiking, lunch and wine tasting).
- City tour in Guimarães, the birthplace of Portugal and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Food Tasting in Porto.
- Walking city tour in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Porto.
The Best of Portugal
Portugal Highlights. You will visit Lisbon, Fatima, Porto, Braga, Douro Valley Tours (full day), Lamego, Sintra, and Nazare.
- 6 nights in a twin room;
- Breakfast is included every morning in all multi-day tour packages;
- Lisbon: Enjoy a demonstration and tasting of the famous ‘pastéis de Belém’ (one cake and one coffee);
- Sintra: Palácio da Pena (Ticket entrance included);
- Braga: Entrances in the Cathedral of Braga & Bom Jesus do Monte Shrine;
- Piriquita: queijada (one cake and one coffee);
- 1 Lunch in the Douro Valley;
- 1 Lunch in Porto (drinks included);
- Port Wine tasting (Standard 2 great wines);
- Douro River cruise (1h approx.);
- City tour in Lisbon, Sintra, Porto, Braga, Fátima, Douro Valley, and Nazaré;
- Fátima: Join the faithful at one of the world’s holiest sites and pay homage at the Chapel of Apparitions;
- Private transfers during the tours.
Would You Like to Receive our Newsletter?