Douro Valley Tours
Check here differents Douro Valley Tours. If you dream to walk through the vineyards and drink a wonderful glass of Port Wine, we can help you to realize your dream!
Where is the Douro Valley?
The region is sheltered from Atlantic winds by the Marão and Montemuro mountains and has a Mediterranean climate, with hot and dry summers and cold winters.
When is the harvest season in the Douro Valley?
That is the most beautiful time of the year in the Douro Valley! However, we don’t know when it will be! It could be in August or September and continues until the beginning of October.
What to do in the Douro Valley Tours?
- Explore the Douro Region during a guided hiking tour;
- Eat the local food at a winery and this lunch is prepared by a Portuguese Chef;
- Take a boat trip on the Douro River and discover its beautiful landscapes;
- Stay at a Boutique Hotel or Villa in the Douro Valley;
- Visit different wineries and tasting the Port Wine.
Which cities or villages in the Douro Valley will we visit during these tours?
Régua, Pinhão, and Lamego.
Best Time of year for the Douro Valley Tours
September and October are best for seeing the harvest, although the exact times vary slightly each year. The most colorful time of year is October to early November when the vines turn, orange, red and purple. Spring can be a quiet time to visit, after the vine pruning, where nature is coming back to life after often surprisingly cold winters.
Are you looking for a Douro Valley Tours?
Douro Valley and Port Wine tasting – Private Tour
- Discover the Douro’s UNESCO Panoramic Routes;
- Taste the Douro worldwide renowned wines in a local producer “Quinta”;
- Enjoy the flavors of the regional cuisine in a typical lunch;
- Private tour in the Douro Valley with a local guide. Pick-up and drop-off at the accommodation in Porto;
- Visit a genuine typical village and have a taste of regional products.
Dour Valley Walking Full Day with Lunch and Wine Tasting
Come for the ports and wines, winding scenic roads, postcard-pretty villages, and excellent regional restaurants!
This Guided hiking offers easy walking while travels up the Douro Valley, allowing us to explore the world’s oldest demarcated wine regions.
After a journey of about one and a half hour, the day starts at Samodães, with an excellent view over Douro River (River of Gold) and Régua town. It is time to start our descent until the river, going along the vineyards, olive and fig trees. We will finish in front of the hotel: Six Senses Douro Valley.
Our tour continues by car until we reach Régua town where we will have lunch (included). After lunch, it is time to go along some of the most beautiful paths of the region until Pinhão, where we will visit the train station, famous for its tiles. To finish the day we will visit a wine estate and taste the famous port wine.
An excellent way to know the magnificent scenery of the Douro River and UNESCO World Heritage-listed landscape.
Difficulty Douro Valley Tours: Easy / Moderate. Distance (hike): 5 miles. Duration Douro Valley Tours: 1 day.
That is included the transfer from your hotel in Porto. Full day – Douro Valley Tours.
Douro Valley Cruises
Boat trips are a good way to get a series of views from the relaxing deck of a boat. Trips can range anywhere from an hour-long excursion to a two-day journey. Many of the tours incorporate trains, allowing you to go downstream by boat and then return by train, or vice versa. There are an extensive variety of trips catered to suit individual preferences.
Do you want to book a cruiser in the Douro Valley?
Walking in Portugal
- Small group tours in Portugal. Personalize service! Maximum group size of 6 travelers.
- Guide tours: an experienced local English-speaking guide will travel with the group, leading the way and sharing his/her knowledge of the local culture.
- Guided Hiking tour in the uniquely beautiful Douro Valley Tours, located in Northern Portugal, is a UNESCO World Heritage site and the first wine region demarcated in the world in 1756.
- Discover ancient wine cellars in the Douro Valley (full day – Douro Valley Tours with lunch and wine tasting).
- 3 Hiking Tour in Portugal.
- Enjoy a fascinating walk through Guimarães, the birthplace of Portugal and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Tasting the Portuguese Food.
- Starting in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Porto, you will experience all that this fascinating and vibrant city has to offer.
- Hike through the quiet countryside.
- Connecting you to real Portugal.
The Best of Portugal
One of the trendiest destinations in travel, we can’t get enough of Portugal’s stunning natural vistas, jaw-dropping architectural wonders and a seemingly endless supply of world-class food and wine! From the winding streets of Lisbon and the colorful character of Porto to the spectacular panoramas of Sintra and its fairy-tale palace, the charm of Portugal is something you have to see to believe. And its historic position in Europe, America, Asia, and Africa bring this destination to life with a unique blend of Roman, Christian, and Moorish influences found nowhere else on earth!
- Small Group Tour groups are limited to 12 passengers
- Enjoy a private guided city tour of Portugal’s capital, Lisbon
- Explore Porto with a private guide
- Full day Douro Valley Tours with lunch and wine tasting (two glasses of Port Wine)
- City tour in Nazare, and Fatima
- With a private guide, visit the coastal gems of Portugal, including Sintra
- The ideal way to explore Portugal
Winemaking and Ageing
At the wine estates, carefully chosen bunches of grapes are taken to the Lagares, or stone treading tanks, where they are trodden by foot.
Although today many wineries use mechanical methods for crushing grapes with fermentation in stainless steel tanks, the traditional method has not been completely abandoned.
In the following Spring, most of the young wine is transported by road from the Douro Valley west to Vila Nova de Gaia, a town which located on the south bank of the River Douro opposite the City of Porto.
Prior to 26 June 1986, all Port had to be shipped from Vila Nova de Gaia. Since then, new laws have opened the way for Port to be sold directly from the vineyards.
Portuguese wine is so much more than Port Wine! Discover wonderful wine produced in Portugal — from Vinho Verde to Península de Setúbal — in this uniquely accessible, entertaining guide. Read our ebook Portuguese Wine.
Would You Like to Receive our Newsletter?