Coronavirus in Portugal
Coronavirus in Portugal Last Update
Portugal is OPEN! We review our Health & Safety Policy.
From the beginning, Eco Trilha has been monitoring the evolution of the pandemic in Portugal. We followed the recommendations issued by the General Directorate of Health. We implemented measures to provide the safety of employees and travelers. We signed up for the Turismo de Portugal initiative to obtain its “Clean & Safe” seal. This seal adjusts operation according to the directives of the health authorities. You can change or cancel for any reason, right up to 13 days before departure, if you book multi-day tours. We will return 100% of the Total Paid.
We thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
See you soon,
Travel Measures Now
Read here, Portugal travel advisory.
Attention: From July 1st in Continental Portugal
As of July 1, 2022, passengers entering national territory are no longer required to present proof of carrying out a test to screen for SARS-CoV-2 infection with a negative result or to present a COVID-EU digital certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate issued by third countries, accepted or recognized in Portugal.
Measures in force may be reviewed in accordance with the evolution of the pandemic.
IMPORTANT: Before traveling, it is important to confirm the entry formalities and procedures with the airline company and the Portuguese Border Service – SEF, the entity responsible for border control.
FLIGHTS FROM THE U.S.A. AND CANADA
Passengers from the United States of America and Canada may use, upon arrival in Portugal, the technological border control doors (e-gates) within the scope of the Automatic Recognition System for Documentally Identified Passengers (RAPID4ALL).
This measure is already in force at Lisbon and Ponta Delgada International Airports and will soon be extended to Porto and Faro.
GENERAL RULES in the entire country:
From August 26th.
- Don’t need to use a mask:
– in public transport, taxis, and similar passenger transports;
– access and visits to care and nursing homes and health facilities.
Coronavirus in Portugal Updated
If you are in Portugal and have a covid-19 symptom (fever, cough, or respiratory inflammation). Please call 808 24 24 24 (General Health Department of the Portuguese Republic). One nurse or doctor will help you. Please avoid contacting your group, receptionist, or your local guide. Call this number; the staff speaks English.
Eco Trilha takes your health and safety. Your health and safety and our staff are vital to us. We have updated our rules to help limit the transmission of the virus.
Our procedures include:
- Eco Trilha is ready to receive tourists once again! We bear the “Clean & Safe” seal, issued by Turismo de Portugal, certifying that our service is safe. It guarantees all the necessary hygiene procedures to avoid risks of contagion.
- Book Online Reservations. Use virtual Check-Ins and Contactless Payments.
- The staff has received health training, and the advisable distance between people was safeguarded in every detail. Our local guide will wear masks.
- No physical contact with guests (hand-shakes or hugs).
- Guests must wear masks in public transport, taxis, and similar passenger transport.
- We encourage smaller group sizes and limit the capacity of activities. We organize a small group in Portugal with 1 to 10 passengers per departure. That will be great for people who don’t want to go to larger groups. See our tours here.
- Direct guests and local guides to wash hands or use hand sanitizer. We encourage all passengers to carry their Hand Disinfectant Gel and Mask.
- Vehicles are regularly sanitized.
- Eco Trilha is providing clients with peace of mind. No change fees & free cancellation for any reason up to 13 days before departure. It will be valid for 2021 & 2022! Read here our new cancellation policies.
Questions and Answers
How do I book a Private Tour in Portugal?
Please get in touch with us. We organize a private tour in Portugal with a least 2 travelers. Attention! We don’t increase the price if you ask for our shore excursion exclusive for your group or family. We need to check our availability.
How do I book Self-guided tours in Portugal?
Create your travel bubble in Portugal and book our Self-guided tours in Portugal. This service is exclusive to your group – at least two persons per departure date.
Can I get a refund if I am unwell before my trip and unable to travel?
If you are unwell before traveling. Please stay at home and contact us to make alternative arrangements. Please refer to our Booking Conditions for more details on our refund policy.
Can I cancel for Any Reason Waiver?
Yes, now you can cancel or rebook up to 13 days before departure if you book five or more days’ tours. Or three days early to departure if you book a 1-day tour without penalties. Read here our new cancellation policies.
Will I need to have the vaccine to be allowed to travel with Eco Trilha?
We do not mandate vaccinations. But, guests will also need to follow specific requirements imposed by airlines.
How to get this Covid-19 Vaccine Passport to travel in Europe?
The vaccine passport or proof of vaccination will be issued to you by your country of origin. Allow you to travel without having to do extra Covid-19 tests and being in quarantine!
How can I show you that I have been vaccinated?
You will be asked to show an authentic COVID-19 vaccination certificate (electronic or paper showing the date and time of the vaccination(s)) with the final dose given at least 14 days before the start of your travel.
How many other guests will be on my trip?
Should you buy travel insurance?
Travel insurance is always a good idea! It is recommended that all guests ensure their property before arrival. We tell medical and emergency evacuation. Remember: Medicare does not provide coverage outside of the United States.
The insurance pays for losses due to covered emergencies during your trip. Find out answers to our frequently asked questions.