Coronavirus in Portugal
Coronavirus in Portugal Last Update
We inform you that from January 15, all tours under the management of Eco Trilha are temporarily canceled. The closure follows the government’s measures under the current State of Emergency, which establishes a recent general lockdown to address the need to revert the evolution of COVID-19 in Portugal.
But the situation changed! Yesterday (June 15), we received the long-awaited news that Portugal will finally open borders to US travelers.
From the beginning, Eco Trilha has been closely monitoring the evolution of the pandemic in Portugal, strictly following the recommendations issued by the General Directorate of Health and implementing measures to provide the safety of employees and travelers. The company that signed up to the Turismo de Portugal initiative and has obtained its “Clean & Safe” seal, which ensures compliance with safety procedures for the prevention of COVID-19, will adjust its operation according to the directives of the health authorities, remaining attentive and committed to the fight against the pandemic. You can change or cancel for any reason, right up to 13 days before departure. We will return 100% of the Total Paid.
We thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
See you soon,
Travel Measures Now
Read here, Portugal travel advisory.
Arrival in Portugal
- Arrival in Continental Portugal: Proof of negative COVID-19 test result issued within 72 hours before departure to Portugal, or they will be denied boarding.
- Contactless solutions to minimize exposure.
- Walkthrough camera system for temperature control in Portuguese airports or hotels.
- Use of masks in transport (air, sea, and land) and public places. Please follow the advice of local authorities.
COVID-19 Certificate: Fully Vaccinated
Portugal allows non-essential travels from the European Union, from Schengen Associated countries (Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland), and the UK. They are permitted to enter Portugal, but must present proof of a negative test to COVID-19 (RT-PCR), carried out within 72 hours before boarding time.
Soonly, Portugal will accept a Vaccine Certificate. It may be able to avoid expensive testing before departure and self-isolation on arrival. We are waiting for new rules in the EU (European Union).
Prime Minister António Costa revealed, that Portugal will start the “testing phase” of the new European certificate COVID-19, which should be extended throughout June until the full operationalization of this tool on July 01.
American Traveler and Travel Restrictions Covid-19
U.S. visitors (over the age of two) are once again welcome and must present a negative SARS-Cov2 test (Antigen or PCR) 72 hours before the arrival flight.
The American travelers must take another test (a negative SARS-Cov2 test) three days prior to their flight home. These rules begin on June 15.
Coronavirus in Portugal Updated
If you are in Portugal and you have a covid-19 symptom (fever, cough, or respiratory inflammation), please call 808 24 24 24 (General Health Department of the Portuguese Republic). One nurse or doctor will help you. Please avoid contacting your group, receptionist, or your local guide. Call for this number; the staff speaks English.
Eco Trilha takes your health and safety seriously. Your health and safety and our staff are vital to us. We have updated our rules to help limit the transmission of the virus.
Our procedures include:
- Eco Trilha is ready to receive tourists once again! We bear the “Clean & Safe” seal, issued by Turismo de Portugal, certifying that our service is safe, guarantees all the necessary hygiene procedures to avoid risks of contagion, and ensures safe practices in all touristic activities.
- Book Online Reservations. Use virtual Check-Ins and Contactless Payments.
- The staff has received health training, and the advisable distance between people was safeguarded in every detail. Our local guide will wear masks.
- No physical contact with guests (hand-shakes or hugs).
- Guests must wear masks Indoors and Outdoors. Masks have become compulsory everywhere in Portugal.
- We encourage smaller group sizes and limiting the capacity of activities. We organize a small group in Portugal with 1 to 10 passengers per departure. That’s going to be great for people who don’t want to go to larger groups. See our tours here.
- Direct guests and local guide to frequently wash hands or use hand sanitizer. We encourage all passengers to carry their Hand Disinfectant Gel and Mask with them.
- Vehicles are regularly sanitized.
- Eco Trilha is providing clients with peace of mind. No change fees & free cancellation for any reason up to 13 days before departure if you booked a package with accommodation included. It will be valid for 2021 & 2022! Read here our new cancellation policies.
Questions and Answers
How do I book a Private Tour in Portugal?
Please contact us. We organize a private tour in Portugal with a minimum of 2 travelers. Attention: we don’t increase the price if you ask for our shore excursion exclusive for your group or family. We need to check our availability.
How do I book Self-guided tours in Portugal?
Create your travel bubble in Portugal and book our Self-guided tours in Portugal. This kind of service is exclusive to your group – a minimum of 2 persons per departure date.
Can I get a refund if I am unwell before my trip and unable to travel?
If you are unwell before traveling, please stay at home and contact us to make alternative arrangements. Please refer to our Booking Conditions for more details on our refund policy.
Can I cancel for Any Reason Waiver?
Yes, now you can cancel or rebook up to 13 days before departure (Five or more days tours) or three days early to departure (1-day tour) without penalties (full refund). Read here our new cancellation policies.
Will I need to have had the vaccine to be allowed to travel with Eco Trilha?
We do not mandate vaccinations. However, guests will also need to comply with specific requirements imposed by airlines and governments. We don’t know this for sure yet. But some countries will require proof of covid-19 vaccines before entering.
How to get this Covid-19 Vaccine Passport to travel in Europe?
The vaccine passport or proof of vaccination will be issued to you by your country of origin. Allow you to travel without having to do additional Covid-19 tests and being in quarantine!
How can I show you that I have been vaccinated?
You will be asked to show an authentic COVID-19 vaccination certificate (electronic or paper showing the date and time of the vaccination(s)) with the final dose given at least 14 days before the start of your travel.
How many will other guests be on my trip?
Should you purchase travel insurance?
Travel insurance is always a good idea! It is highly recommended that all guests ensure themselves and their property before arrival. We mainly advise medical and emergency evacuation. Remember: Medicare does not provide coverage outside of the United States.
The insurance pays for losses due to covered emergencies that occur during their trip. Find out answers to our frequently asked questions.