Coronavirus in Portugal
Coronavirus in Portugal Last Update
We inform you that from January 15, all tours under the management of Eco Trilha are temporarily canceled. The closure follows the government’s measures under the current State of Emergency, which establishes a recent general lockdown to address the need to revert the evolution of COVID-19 in Portugal.
The measures that determine this closure remain in effect until April 15, the reopening date, dependent on the competent authorities’ determinations. We have suspended all programs departing now through May 02. Any questions, please contact us.
From the beginning, Eco Trilha has been closely monitoring the evolution of the pandemic in Portugal, strictly following the recommendations issued by the General Directorate of Health and implementing measures to provide the safety of employees and travelers. The company that signed up to the Turismo de Portugal initiative and has obtained its “Clean & Safe” seal, which ensures compliance with safety procedures for the prevention of COVID-19, will adjust its operation according to the directives of the health authorities, remaining attentive and committed to the fight against the pandemic. You can change or cancel for any reason right up to 13 days before departure. We will return 100% of the Total Paid.
We thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
See you soon,
Travel Measures Now
Read here, Portugal travel advisory.
Arrival in Portugal
- Arrival in Continental Portugal: Proof of negative COVID-19 test result issued within 72 hours before departure to Portugal, or they will be denied boarding.
- Contactless solutions to minimize exposure.
- Walkthrough camera system for temperature control in the airports or hotels.
- Use of masks in transport (air, sea, and land) and public places. Please follow the advice of local authorities.
Coronavirus in Portugal Updated
If you are in Portugal and you have a covid-19 symptom (fever, cough, or respiratory inflammation), please call 808 24 24 24 (General Health Department of the Portuguese Republic). One nurse or doctor will help you. Please avoid contacting your group, receptionist, or your local guide. Call for this number; the staff speaks English.
Eco Trilha takes your health and safety seriously. Your health and safety and our staff are vital to us. We have updated our rules to help limit the transmission of the virus.
Our procedures include:
- Eco Trilha is ready to receive tourists once again! We bear the “Clean & Safe” seal, issued by Turismo de Portugal, certifying that our service is safe, guarantees all the necessary hygiene procedures to avoid risks of contagion, and ensures safe practices in all touristic activities.
- Book Online Reservations. Use virtual Check-Ins and Contactless Payments.
- The staff has received health training, and the advisable distance between people was safeguarded in every detail. Our local guide will wear masks.
- No physical contact with guests (hand-shakes or hugs).
- Guests must wear masks Indoors and Outdoors. Masks have become compulsory everywhere in Portugal.
- We encourage smaller group sizes and limiting the capacity of activities. We organize a small group in Portugal that 1 to 10 passengers per departure. That’s going to be great for people who don’t want to go to larger groups. See our tours here.
- Direct guests and local guide to frequently wash hands or use hand sanitizer. We encourage all passengers to carry their Hand Disinfectant Gel and Mask with them.
- Vehicles are regularly sanitized.
- Eco Trilha is providing clients with peace of mind. No change fees & free cancellation for any reason up to 13 days before departure if you booked a package with accommodation included. It will be valid for 2021 & 2022! Read here our new cancellation policies.
Questions and Answers
How do I book a Private Tour in Portugal?
Please contact us. We organize a private tour in Portugal with a minimum of 2 travelers. Attention: we don’t increase the price if you ask for our shore excursion exclusive for your group or family. We need to check our availability.
How do I book Self-guided tours in Portugal?
Create your travel bubble in Portugal and book our Self-guided tours in Portugal. This kind of service is exclusive to your group – a minimum of 2 persons per departure date.
Can I get a refund if I am unwell before my trip and unable to travel?
If you are unwell before traveling, please stay at home and contact us to make alternative arrangements. Please refer to our Booking Conditions for more details on our refund policy.
Can I cancel for Any Reason Waiver?
Yes, now you can cancel or rebook up to 13 days before departure (Five or more days tours) or three days early to departure (1-day tour) without penalties (full refund). Read here our new cancellation policies.
Will I need to have had the vaccine to be allowed to travel with Eco Trilha?
We do not mandate vaccinations. However, guests will also need to comply with specific requirements imposed by airlines and governments. We don’t know this for sure yet. But some countries will require proof of covid-19 vaccines before entering.
How many will other guests be on my trip?
Should you purchase travel insurance?
Travel insurance is always a good idea! It is highly recommended that all guests ensure themselves and their property before arrival. We mainly advise medical and emergency evacuation. Remember: Medicare does not provide coverage outside of the United States.
The insurance pays for losses due to covered emergencies that occur during their trip. Find out answers to our frequently asked questions.